18645 HOLDEN HZ GTS AZTEK SILVER METALLIC 1:18TH
The HZ Holden was released in late 1977 – and was unfortunately the last in the series of four HQ-based Holdens. This model was most noted as the first full-sized Holden to be fitted with GM-H’s acclaimed Radial Tuned Suspension – a system that would become so successful that the other two members of the “Big Three”, Ford and Chrysler, responded with their own revised suspension systems.
With the development of Radial Tuned Suspension, Holden transformed the bland characteristics of their full-size sedans and introduced a sporting variant called simply Holden GTS. Released on 5 October 1977, this HZ variant featured a four headlight grille, front and rear air dams, four-wheel disc brakes, sports wheels and a 4.2-litre V8 engine as standard equipment. The optional 5.0-litre V8 became standard in June 1978. But, with the November 1978 introduction of the new mid/full-size VB Commodore sedan and its availability with V8 engine power, the days of the HZ series appeared numbered. Production of the GTS ceased in December 1978, an estimated 1,438 having been built.
- Scheduled production of only 750 pieces worldwide
- Opening hood,doors & trunk
- Detailed interior including revised instrument panel, tartan plaid cloth seats, sports steering wheel etc.
- Detailed plumbed & wired engine bay featuring the classic Holden 5 litre (308ci) V8
- Metal etched bonnet hinges for that realistic look